Deltron 3030

Forum

Pages: 1 2
Props to Del. Del is the Man that Jams like no other.
all those Gangster Thugs can keep blabbing, nobody's listening. All I need to hear is the sweet sounds of Mr. Del laying it down.

>>By MC Collaborator   (Wednesday, 5 Feb 2003 19:17)

DELTRON IS DA BEST SHIT EVER. BRING ON THE DOPE ASS BEATS OF 3030.

>>By <|_|pHuLiD|_|>   (Friday, 7 Feb 2003 12:47)

I think del is ok. He is not as good as somebody like ja rule or clips. Those guys are the junk. They got the illest rhymes. del would be better if he didn't talk about off the wall shit like his third eye or computer viruses. the beats could be better too. maybe he should gets some lessons from nelly!

peace,

>>By poopshoot   (Thursday, 13 Feb 2003 05:28)

Hi! Like, I totaly think um...The Mr. Del Funky guy is like, soooo great! Yeeeeh! (gay clapping). If he were a warm sloppy hole I would probably jump inside! I love you del, your the greatest!

>>By smithman   (Sunday, 16 Feb 2003 07:15)

this is the best album ever buy it now. Del is the best rapper because he doesn't talk about stupid shit and isn't a poser. poopshoot how can u compare this to ja rule ur a fucking idiot go suck a fat cock

>>By mr dobalina   (Wednesday, 19 Feb 2003 08:08)

Del is one of the best (if not the best) MC's around. Just listen to the track battlesong, when he and Automator get together they make some of the best shit you'll ever hear and the sampling from Kid Koala makes for the butterie slickness.

>>By thegenius   (Thursday, 27 Feb 2003 06:57)

best album ever.....ever

>>By kenfuzionAD   (Sunday, 2 Mar 2003 07:14)

yo yall are some fukin nerds and some dumb fucks. he is hip hop he is gangsta and he aint gonna stay underground forever. soon he will be commercial rap and no we wont take us to del - space - contrimufunction shit that the nerd said on page one. the man just wants to lay some beats down and shit. his shit is tight cuz its all freestyle. no he aint the best fukin rapper either. some of his shit is str8 and some of it is wack.

>>By Symp   (Tuesday, 1 Apr 2003 21:52)

Man del is the man .. he should collaborate with canibus man those two are fucking amazing... he shares the same anti-us-government insights and illuminati orchestrated views including the brainwashing of the youth and shit ... we need more visionary mc's like that ..
U guys should check out jedi mind though .. ud like them too they are the shit.

>>By Faris   (Friday, 4 Apr 2003 04:23)

3030 is lyrically enlightening. Chemical Calesthenics by Blackalicious, is pretty fast at the end.

>>By racecar   (Tuesday, 29 Apr 2003 04:58)

Deltron 3030 is the shit thats all i have to say

>>By Jon   (Wednesday, 4 Jun 2003 01:21)

Del is the best fuckin mc ever he kicks ass

>>By James   (Wednesday, 4 Jun 2003 01:23)

Wow.. I'm usually a huge metal fan, can't stand that gangsta rap shit... but deltron 3030 is just awesome.

btw ya'll have the funniest vocab ever... it's been a very entertaining read.

>>By Drahkas   (Friday, 4 Jul 2003 01:02)

i think deltron 3030 is the phatest album i ever thru into my disc spinner and nobody can touch him (lyrically) that is his shiet is soooo crazy i mean you sit there and start vibe'in then you start trippin on his lyrics imagining all the shiet i think its a nice change from main stream GARBAGE! i hate mainstream with a passion blackalicous and del are my fav's props to both of them -piece

>>By the big shug a.k.a fuzz   (Monday, 7 Jul 2003 22:58)

Ok, poopshoot is a moron. It should be the other way, Nelly should be taking lessons from del, and he is way better than ja rule, and i think he meant clipse cuz i never heard of clips, ne way he is better than clipse or whoever the hell clips is. And Symp is a simp, he has no idea what he is talking about and obviously hasnt listened to much del. Symp you moron, if you listened and understood his album Future Development you would know he would never go mainstream (Del's Nightmare itself pretty much explains why he wouldnt) And he doesnt just want to lay down beats, he's all about the hiero cause, and wants to get his message across with his lyrics. Like faris said he is a visionary mc. Psssshhhh, just wants to lay down some beats, you are just a jealous hatin' moron.

Can't wait til he's done with the 11th hour album. Its gonna be tough for del to top the 3030 album without Dan the Automater, but i know del can do it, he is getting a lot better at producing his own beats, and he is a very educated person (He learned how to speak japanese, which is a very complicated language to learn as a 2nd language) Delton 3030 is one of the best albums ever, but Dan the Automater deserves some of that credit. The 11th hour is gonna be mostly solo and its gonna put all you del doubters and haters in your place. check out hieroglyphics.com and click on the domino link if anybody wants some info on what the hiero crew is up to and some info on the 11th hour album.
Del and the whole Hieroglyphics are the best collaboration of mc's ever, not to nerdy like def jux's shit so the average listener cant understand, and definetly not too uneducated like most of the mainstream bull shit we hear all over the radio and mtv.

>>By Deltron   (Monday, 20 Oct 2003 15:59)

Hy! My name is sebb's. I believe ..DELTRON RULES! as well as SLIPKNOT. On the other hand, the 'chap' is quite irritating when he uses 'MICROSOFT SAM' in his songs, as i feel very offended from this affront. Well... BANG BANG CHAP BANG....HERE COMES THA CAPPEL GANGSTA!

>>By chappelĀ§gan$ta   (Monday, 24 May 2004 22:56)

This disc's a classic. Automator must have the funkiest beats in the whole of hip-hop. (Real funk, not g-funk). And Del is an excellent emcee.

>>By spikee   (Friday, 20 May 2005 07:09)

Automator's overrated as a producer I think. He's produced two great albums (Deltron and Dr. Octagon) but that's it really. Can't compete with the constant brilliance of say, RZA.

I love 3030, it's not Del's best work (he seems to coast along on sci-fi terms on some songs), but it's definitely Automator's best. I actually feel guilty listening to (the song) 3030, as it sounds more like some kind of futuristic opera score, not a hip-hop beat. Positive Contact, Virus and Time Keeps On Slipping are all classics too. Can't say I enjoyed it more than Dr. Octagon (although there aren't many things I can say that about!), but it's definitely superb, and has yet to get boring.

Definitely not the best hip-hop album ever though, it's literally a whole step down from the best. See Mr. Lif's ''I Phantom'', Cannibal Ox's ''The Cold Vein'', GZA's ''Liquid Swords'', Viktor Vaughn's ''Vaudeville Villain'' and Company Flow's ''Funcrusher Plus'' for the best hip-hop albums ever.

>>By Stinkfist   (Friday, 20 May 2005 14:16)

Oh an by the way, the person who called Def Jux ''nerdy'', I pity you. You're just missing out my friend. Anyway, the only artist on Def Jux who can be difficult to understand is Aesop Rock, so if you can't understand C Rayz Walz, Cann Ox or literally any of the others, you either have no brains, no imagination or just neither. A lot of them are certainly more straight up and easy to understand than Del.

>>By Stinkfist   (Friday, 20 May 2005 14:21)

That would be because this disc and Dr Octagon are the only two Automator-produced albums, other than the first Handsome Boy (coproduced by Prince Paul). I should stop making such generalised, sweeping statements until I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

>>By spikee   (Saturday, 21 May 2005 10:58)

Stinkfist, I'm a little embarassed that I haven't heard of most of the artists you talk about, but I was raised on gangsta rap and am in a transition phase at the moment. That's why albums like Deltron 3030 and So Hows Your Girl blow me away. The productions are just so more dense, inventive, and melodic, compared to the run-of-the-mill G Funk crap that gets continually tossed out. So if there are much better producers out there than Automator, damn I'm in for a wonderful surprise!

Best gangsta rap album of all time: "The Art of Storytelling" by Slick Rick. Talking about understandability, this guy's easy to comprehend (what's there not to understand about sex raps and boasting) but his rhyme schemes are incredible, which makes the record sound fantastic, and that's more important to me personally than what the rapper is actually saying.

Best produced gangsta rap album of all time: "Under Tha Influence" by DJ Quik.

>>By spikee   (Sunday, 22 May 2005 13:24)

Automator's also done two solo albums (which have guest appearances from Del and Kool Keith), which are good, but can't compare to say, RJD2. Thing I like about Automator is his versatility, he did great work on the Head Automatica album and with Gorillaz. I just hate it when people say he is the new overlord of hip-hop production, when there are lots of equally good and better producers with twice as much strong material to their names.

And there are better producers than Automator. Check out anything by Jedi Mind Tricks, their producer (Stoupe) is outstanding, he uses classical music exerpts and full, unchopped latin guitar samples, it's quite beautiful. Also El-P (who you should know if you're getting interested in indie hip-hop), he is arguably the best producer on earth right now (and is my favorite MC too). Check out Cannibal Ox's album, or just download ''Iron Galaxy'' and ''Pidgeon''. STUNNING beats. And if you were brought up with gangsta rap, you'll be aware of RZA's talents.

I'd loathe to call Slick Rick gangsta rap, he's too quirky to be sucked into that hole of guns and glory. I love Ricky, he's awesome, but he hasn't really stood up brilliantly over time. Although I have to say, the best gangsta rap album for me would have to be ''Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)'', it's one of the few gangsta rap albums that can compete with...well, anything else. Along with ''Illmatic'', ''The Infamous'', ''Only Built 4 Cuban Linx'', ''Wu-Tang Forever'' and Ice Cube's first three albums, and that's probably it. I don't go in for all that NWA, Tupac and Snoop Doggy Dogg west-coast bullshit.

>>By Stinkfist   (Monday, 23 May 2005 11:37)

Must admit that I once thought Dr Dre was the best producer in the universe. Now I realise that every beat he's done since about 1996 is almost exactly the same thing: sharp, punchy beat, two or three notes on a keyboard. Talking about Dre like this will probably end in termination of conversation with you, but just letting you know that I have done - started with Dr Octagon - and will follow your recommendations. However if you want just one west-coast bullshit album....... the DJ Quik one I said before....... don't listen to the lyrics though. Quote from allmusic.com "his production is nothing short of amazing and amazingly varied too" or some shit like that.

By the way, for some reason I've been bored by Wu Tang Clan, and only Ice Cube's first two albums are any good. The second half of the Predator is garbage as is everything else.

>>By spikee   (Tuesday, 24 May 2005 04:22)

Well I've made it my mission never to listen to a Dre album, so I haven't really heard anything since NWA, so I can't comment really. I meant west-coast as in gangsta and commercial hip-hop. I hate that whole scene, the bragging, the mindless repetetive beats, the mics turned up to an obscene level...it's the exact opposite of the NY gangsta scene, dark grimey minimal yet atmospheric production, disturbing lyrics and subtle delivery (although exclude ODB from the last two). When it comes to indie hip-hop, coasts mean nothing to me.

Bored by Wu-Tang? Wow, that's something you don't hear everyday. What album(s) of theirs have you heard? Because that group have released more albums than most entire record labels have, so I'm sure you'll find something of theirs you'll like, they've at least four albums to their name which are regarded as all time classics. As for Ice Cube, you pretty much agree with me then. Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate are good all the way through, and IMO so is The Pred (jn fact I think it's his best). Post Pred, everything is bad, although the War Disk has two good songs on it.

By the way going back to my reccomendations, you should really check those two Cannibal Ox songs out if you like Automator, especially ''Iron Galaxy'', which sounds like El-P taking ''Virus'' off of Deltron taken to an unbelievable cosmic extreme. Plus, Cann Ox will give you a unique view of street life, because they're essentially gangsta rappers (most of their songs are narratives about surviving in New York) but with outstanding imagination, poetic insight and use of wordplay. And I'll investigate the DJ Quik record, thanks.

>>By Stinkfist   (Tuesday, 24 May 2005 11:18)

What Wu Tang albums have I heard? Forever, Meth's Tical, and Chronicles 2. If I were to hear them again now, chances are I would like them more. But my general impression was that the beats were very simple and repetitive (as are Dre and his west coast clones' beats) but without the funk and the "drop the hood in the sunshine" feel that I used to dig.

Basically, hip hop is something that drifts in and out of favour with me. But this time I've drifted away a bit too, which means I hate most of the hip hop cds in my collection now! So I'm desperate for more!!! That's why I'm happy to follow any recommendations you have. And maybe, just maybe, 36 Chambers will be worth seeking out. It's quite cheap, actually.

I was listening today to some of Del's early CDs in Borders. Do you know of them?

>>By spikee   (Tuesday, 24 May 2005 15:12)

That explains it, partly. Meth is the most overrated member of the Clan, and personally I think his solo stuff is dull. And you can hardly judge them by Chronicles, those are just a seemingly random mash up of Wu affiliated album tracks, a lot of which are just other artists songs which have members of the Clan guesting on them. As for Forever, that's a great album, you should give it time.

36 Chambers is outstanding, and RZA's beats are anything but simple. They're are very minimal, which may take some getting used to as you're more into the big loud Dre style. RZA uses a lot of A Tribe Called Quest-style jazzy bass and surreal sound effects most of the time. It's hard to explain. GZA's ''Liquid Swords'' and Raekwon's ''Only Built 4 Cuban Linx'' are generally regarded as hip-hop landmarks, and they're both just as good as 36 Chambers (in fact I'd say ''Liquid Swords'' is better), RZA's ''Bobby Digital In Stereo'' is cool, it shows another side of his production (sounds more like Automator meets Kraftwerk) and so does Ghostface Killah's ''Supreme Clientele'', which has more of a smokey, soul/rhythm and blues vibe. All of those you should be able to get cheap too. I could go on blabbing about Wu all day...but I won't.

Of course! ''I Wish My Brother George Was Here'' is an all time classic, although partly thanks to his friendly big cousin Ice Cube and his production. Although I have to say, my favorite Del record is ''Both Sides of The Brain'', which is fairly recent. Do you have/heard any of the Hieroglyphics albums? Because their ''Third Eye Vision'' album is essentil if you like Del.

>>By Stinkfist   (Tuesday, 24 May 2005 18:03)

Unfortunately I sold Tical and Forever a long time ago and Chronicles I just borrowed from the library, its sitting on my iPod not getting much action. I have heard of Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords. Dull is the word I would use to describe Tical too.

No, I don't have any Del or Hieroglyphics albums. Unfortunately can't get everything at once. Lately I've bought albums by De La Soul, Public Enemy, this one, etc, etc, etc.

You like NIN too? Do you have their new album?

>>By spikee   (Thursday, 26 May 2005 02:10)

Well, those two are far far better than Tical, I assure you.

Sorry, I realise I'm kind of swamping you with information here. De La and PE are two of my favorite groups, good choices.

Yep. I think it's his worst album yet. It's still good though, 50% of it is really excellent, the other 50% is disappointing.

>>By Stinkfist   (Friday, 27 May 2005 17:07)

Well, I have entered the 36 Chambers now. (I would post on the Wu Tang site but, eh, have you read that thing?) What can I say? Fantastic album. Still having trouble picking some of the voices. Anyway, its an album I know I will listen to 50 times, easily, if I have the time!

Who else were we talking about? De La - great, although I prefer the earlier, daisy-age stuff, but from the Bionix album, the Slick Rick jam - that's one of my favourite hip-hop songs of all time! PE - never quite bonded with them, I think I prefer my hip-hop to be pure, I don't need guitars or rawwwk. I'd rather hear Eric B & Rakim or the aforementioned Ricksta. I also quite like ATCQ, especially Q-Tip, his solo Amplified has been getting a lot of spins. And I still listen to THIS album.....

>>By sp1kee   (Friday, 14 Oct 2005 16:53)

The discussion board is currently closed.