Bran Van 3000

Forum

glee
is a great album

>>By tenpercenter   (Friday, 3 Jan 2003 18:35)

Does anyone know if bran van has any plans for the future? Do they still exist and if not, are there any solo-projects?? Hate to see a original band like them say goodbye....
Anywho, a message to the whole wide world: listen to bran van 3000, music like it should be!!!
super-duper!!!!

>>By she said ooh merci beaucoup!   (Wednesday, 29 Jan 2003 19:01)

They have a new video for the song(s) Shopping/More Shopping. Go to http://www.branvan3000.com for more information.

>>By Glee   (Sunday, 23 Feb 2003 17:49)

what up, and so whats up with the br3000?? what the fuck are they doing? i bought this cd when i was senior in high school back in 97, and it has been a staple ever since. which is kinda weird coming from a dude that grew up in georgia........if anybody reads this... email me with some shit on the 3000..dorian183@aol.com

>>By dude from georgia   (Friday, 7 Mar 2003 06:19)

im listening to drirnking in la 3000 times a day now... i saw the video on mtv years ago and i remembered it when i saw this movie about the u2 video director.......still want to know what the hell is bran van 3000

>>By manolo   (Monday, 17 Mar 2003 01:11)

fucked up 1shit wonder

>>By vans brand since 66   (Monday, 14 Apr 2003 11:26)

i would like to know if bran van does any concerts in the near future in belgium, or a country nearby belgium? if you can help me send a message to 0032485/34.14.12 .

>>By jeff   (Monday, 14 Apr 2003 18:26)

yo conoci bran van por una novia que tuve....era la mas linda...
bran van me puede llenar tanto como lo hizo esa persona..
la perdi para siempre....

>>By cicatriz80   (Friday, 25 Apr 2003 23:01)

who is bran van 3000?

>>By nasa   (Wednesday, 2 Jul 2003 13:14)

i think bran van need to come to michigan asap...

>>By sterio nicole   (Saturday, 12 Jul 2003 03:25)

nothing here for nearly 6 months....If you dig Bran Van 3000 head over to www.branvan3000.com and join the discussion group.

here's the deal....record label Grand Royal (USA) went belly up shortly after Discosis was released. The frist single/video Astounded was kind of a hit in North America but the cd got no promotion support and is out of print in Canada/USA. Discosis is a fantastic album, with guest singing/rapping by Youssou N'Dour, Big Daddy Kane, Eek A Mouse, and of course, the late great Curtis Mayfield.

The band was sorta the brainchild of a mischevious soul, James DiSalvio of Montreal, who still does dj gigs (last seen in England in 2003) They put out 2 records and that seems to be it. After so many years Discosis and Glee are still both in heavy rotation on my stereo - funny, fun, occasionaly moving, always grooving, but mainly just some of the most accomplished ear candy ever made.

They are not recording, touring or doing much of anything as a band (if they ever were indeed a band in the traditional sense) but I doubt we have heard the last of these people.

>>By Floppy Boot   (Tuesday, 20 Jan 2004 15:52)

The discussion board is currently closed.