Front 242

Forum

Front 242, my uncle introduced me to them, no one else even knows of them. Good band, always have been, could use some lyrics, but a good beat when you feel jumpy.

>>By MMDarkAngel   (Friday, 22 Nov 2002 01:42)

I saw front 242 a few years back...they're fucking awesome live....

>>By SillyG   (Thursday, 2 Jan 2003 19:15)

Hi guys,

What a pleasure to talk about Front 242, but there won't be enough place here to explain how I did feel when listening and "dancing" on Ftont's music during marvellous and exhausting concerts.

Does anyone have information about 2003-concerts in Belgium or Luxembourg.

FK

>>By FunKadafi   (Tuesday, 21 Jan 2003 21:13)

They are the best of EBM group !
Still&Raw...

>>By MorF   (Wednesday, 26 Feb 2003 22:36)

Is this a german band? Do they sing in german? or what?

>>By Kate   (Thursday, 13 Mar 2003 22:03)

They are belgian, for the most part. Daniel brusanutti is italian, but born and raised in belguim. I have seen them 5 times, and spoke with Patrick Codenys for about 2 hours one night after a concert. I told him that I love Geography and wanted to know if they intended on doing more stuff like that. He said that they had been together 17 years(now 23 years) and are progressive, so they won't be returning to that kind of music. They are quite nice people. Let's get this straight. Patrick and Daniel are the composers. Richard 23 and jean-luc deMeyer are performers only. L.o.c.k.-t.h.e.-d.o.o.r.-f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

>>By chris   (Thursday, 27 Mar 2003 10:15)

Simply the best electronic band of the past 2 decades, no one ment more to the electronic music scene than 242. For the record Kate, they're from Belgium.

regards to all the ranters out there!!!

>>By Bart C.   (Thursday, 24 Apr 2003 22:20)

2 concerts will be done this year. (confirmed)
A new tour is in the making, this will probably commence end Dec 2003, begin 2004 !!!

Check my website for the latest info on FRONT 242 :

http://users.skynet.be/Evil.E/

| | | | | | | |

>>By > Evil E. <   (Wednesday, 30 Apr 2003 20:10)

It's amazing how much influence they've had on the EBM scene. Most people claim that their main influence is Skinny Puppy, but I always hear 242 in the stuff before Puppy.

>>By Orridge   (Monday, 12 May 2003 23:58)

They're awesome indeed but i liked Jean-Luc's project "Cobalt 60" even better. Too bad they only released two albums.

>>By Blaine   (Friday, 16 May 2003 09:10)

Hello anyone who might be there
I've followed 242 since Geography, I personally dont think anyone comes close to this choice of dance music. I saw them when they played Leeds Uni seems like decades ago, can anyone let me know of any gigs european or in England that are planned for 2003.
Commando for music, Masterhit (Re-boot version) for dancing.
Skinny Puppy although good are not in the same league.

>>By Totenkopf   (Monday, 19 May 2003 18:33)

i personally like vnv nation, covenant, and wumpscut...however... 242 is awesome as well! =>

>>By kelbell   (Saturday, 12 Jul 2003 02:37)

Do you know of any band that can raise such hell live? I don`t.

>>By radamant   (Wednesday, 16 Jul 2003 14:00)

Front 242 is an awesome band indeed, but Bill Leeb (front line assembly, delerium, syaesthesia, intermix, protech, will, cyberaktiff, ...) is by far the electronic god.

>>By HookaH   (Monday, 15 Sep 2003 00:30)

I'll refrain from starting Bill Leeb rant here.

Front242 one of the foundations of old school industrial music. Well respected band, and all around nice guys (as mentioned before). I for one prefer their early to mid-career sound. (Stopping at Tyranny for you - the newer stuff never really did it for me).

However for those interested Mastertune is basically a Front242 tribute band. 10tacles is a great album that sounds like old school 242. Also check out Culture Kultur also - they remind me of 242 for some reason. Don't shoot me tho if you don't think so.

>>By rivethead   (Monday, 25 Oct 2004 23:35)

i cant believe its taken me all this time to discover these guys,10/10

>>By Breaker_17   (Friday, 4 Nov 2005 12:42)

Front 242 was my all time band till i discoverd Front Line Assembly,more mature and complex if you ask me.
Imploded is a must for every Front 242 lover

>>By Banshee242   (Monday, 27 Mar 2006 10:20)

The discussion board is currently closed.