Blink 182

Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
that doesnt work, its all screwed up...but blink is narley!

>>By lynds   (Monday, 5 May 2003 00:16)

it goes out for like a day or so and then it comes back.

>>By Put the F back in fart   (Monday, 5 May 2003 01:21)

i like blink who cares if they arnt punk they are but who cares they are good dont get mad get glad

>>By Ollie the magic Bum   (Monday, 5 May 2003 23:57)

I can't wait to see all you kids in ten years or so, when you're finally out of the teen years. you'll be in college, parading around in the newest SUV, and just like you are now...spending your parents money. spending YOUR parents money is a blast, take it from me! how do you think I paid for all these trendy tattoos? thanks for buying our albums! anywho, I've gotta go do something "crazy" for the cameras, like take my pants off before we lose the paper-thin loyalty of our fanbase of mildly rebellious, rich, white, suburban teenagers looking for a comfortable seat on the latest mainstream bandwagon. so enjoy us while you can, cause before you know it you'll be kicking back after a long day at the office and laughing about your high school glory days to the tune of the "Blink 182, where are they now" on VH1.

>>By Travis 182, the drummer   (Tuesday, 6 May 2003 08:57)

haha...dude that's probably ALL true! heh, but u know we'll, well at least I'LL never stop listenin' to blink cuz well, 1: there fucking gnarley, and 2: people say that the music u listen to as a teen is the one u endup listenin' to the rest of ur life, good thing i like a rad band... I barley ever get to spend my parents money, u people are really fucking lucky!!! any way, yeah so thats it...later dudes

>>By lynds   (Wednesday, 7 May 2003 03:32)

who the hell does this guy think he is tryin to tell us how were goin to live our lives that mite be your sad view on life but who the hell cares ill live me life my way and u cant tell me otherwise u sad pathetic son of a bitch

>>By chris   (Wednesday, 7 May 2003 19:52)

Dudes write more shit. come here write something Blink-182.org is up again. oh yea this is not an advertisment but ifya go to yourmp3.net you can download the whole enema of the state album in albums and download a lot of other songs by them and other bands for free! um you have to fill out a form but you can give a dum name like the yeti and use random@AOL.com for a valid e-mail adress!

>>By Ollie the magic bum   (Wednesday, 7 May 2003 22:07)

That web site works its awsome!!!! thanx for the valid address. Blink is a F**king good band. i can only name 2 better bands. Rancid & Green Day

>>By i think is lactoseintolerant   (Thursday, 8 May 2003 18:59)

Okay, listen, for fucks sake, what is wrong with you people? Blink 182 is among the the simplest, the most repetitive band ever formed. They can't play their instruments fo jack shit, the dumbass has to sit down to play carousel, the guitarist is also crappy. Their voices are horrible also, and Tom sounds like hes had a foot stuck up his ass...

And their songs are so simple! It's always about the same thing...their goddam girlfriends. No, frankly, who gives a shit? I've never heard them sing about anything but their stupid girlfriends and/or beeing a teenager. WTF? I hope they would do the world a favor and break up.

It's not music. The person i hat the most listens to this shit. They can burn in hell.

>>By Laika   (Friday, 9 May 2003 02:24)

dignet

>>By do da   (Friday, 9 May 2003 23:20)

there's nothin wrong with listening to good music....it isnt a crime, and if u like somthing differant thats fanny-tastic, i could really care less if u dont like blink....

Blink is fucking GNARLEY! there the best....if u dont think so that's great. insult us cuz we like em' and u can shuve a purple vibrater up ur ass, turn it to max and electricute ur self...if u dont like a band, bravo...but u dont gotta diss em', any band that acctually writes their own music, and have some fans deserves credit and respect...(even crapy bands like avril laving)

all i have to say is that Blink's gnarley! and their music's rad, their newist record will be rad too!

>>By lynds   (Monday, 12 May 2003 04:50)

rock on lynds well sed, blink rule and thats all that the people who like them care about, insult em if u want but it just proves how pathetic u r

>>By chris   (Monday, 12 May 2003 19:11)

hey you all that either like or hate blink, go to this site right here for alot of blink 182 quotes.....http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/blink182online/quotes.html The two best quotes on there that they said was

"Our take on punk is really just fun: it's fun to offend people and do what we want to. But it isn't that offensive. We make music for ourselves and everybody else who gets it. It's a lifestyle scene. If you don't get it you don't have to listen."

"Look at me... look at me... I need the attention, oooh I'm punk rock I got some tatoos, I got some piercings. If I'm gonna get some piercings then I want everyone to see it...I don't need to advertise my punkness. A real punk doesn't need to show off...Its like a Karate man... the Karate man bleeds on the inside. A real punk is punk on the inside."

I don't think Blink 182 are sellouts or not punk. I think deeply that they are punk. They are just three guys that want to have fun, thats all. Just cause they got successful is a bunch a bull shit. So Blinks a band you liked since they became a band...now they get sucessful...so you decide to stop liking them. Thats fuckin stupid don't you think. Or you just don't like them...well its not their fault they don't like them, other people do, so why go to a site and diss them or the people that like them? Leave them alone and their fans. We don't care. Listen to bands that you like and we'll listen to bands we like. Blink 182 is punk, so you people that don't like them can just get over it.

>>By punk girl 182   (Sunday, 18 May 2003 02:08)

Um yeah i love how people who hate Blink 182 SOOOOOOOOOO much waste their time on this site complaining about them...I think you (anyone who doesn't like them and is b!tchin bout them) all secretly are obsessed with them...haha yeah thats what i thought. Blink is way better than any other sh!t ive heard like ever so yeah. And if the only reason you dont like them is cuz people say they're not punk or what the he|| eva, well i have like 3 things to say...Its pretty sad when you can't even think for your self and listen to what you want without being told by the asses of society, Its also pretty sad that you dont think they're punk, cuz like someone said in one of these things, punk is a lifestyle not what your music sounds like, and they are punk so you can go fuk urselves, or eachother, whatever.

>>By bumonthestreet   (Sunday, 18 May 2003 21:03)

I like blink 182's old stuff. Albums such as Buddha, Chesire Cat, and Dude Ranch are good. But im sick of them singing about love. and about breakups. theyre married now, so a breakup shouldnt really matter to them anymore because at least theyre happy. but theyre still good, i just like their old stuff better.

>>By Knoxville grl   (Wednesday, 21 May 2003 21:02)

Real Punks do not (i repeat) DO NOT FUCKING SING ABOUT FUCKING LOVE! my cousin made me listen to their shit once, and one song called "story of a lonely guy" sounded like an nsync song. Oooh the guy is lonely, he has no date for prom, a girl makes him feel like its a rainy day. in the real world who gives a fuck? oh, shows how punk they are for singing that. they would be mistaken for a pop band if no one knew them and then heard that song. by singing something like that, blink is giving punks everywhere a bad name. they are showing that we are some poppy, romantic, trendy, mainstream fuckers who want attention and care about being popular. because blink is so popular on trl. so blink has all these 14 yr old girly girls running after them screaming "oh mah gosh mark is soooooo hott!!!" would a punk fan act like that? uhhh no. and tom DOES sound like he has a foot up his asshole. he cant sing for shit. blink is pop.

>>By Misfit   (Wednesday, 21 May 2003 21:11)

yeah knoxville grl, i like their old stuff better too. Their new stuff is alright. but Their old stuff is alot better. my favorite album is Dude Ranch! that one rocks. Box car racer i think is alittle bit better. cause on the cd, its not all bout love and I love the song "I feel so". transplants are cool too. Im hoping Blinks new album is going to be really good though. cause i still like them, they're good.

>>By punk girl 182   (Wednesday, 21 May 2003 23:51)

ur such a fukin bitch Knoxville girl

>>By Some one but no one   (Friday, 23 May 2003 01:06)

blink is good no matter what people who dont like them say...Its true, they do sing about love alot, but why the hell do give a shitt? the sound is good, and to some guy who IS lonley, lol it might cheer him up. And punk isnt the wayu sing a song or what its about, its an attitude, well i guess that sorta fitts into song leerics, but it doesnt matter, they shouldnt be catigorized as not punk only because the sing love songs and ahave a few stupid fans. Blink is good to those who like them, and isnt to those who dont...get over it.   (Friday, 23 May 2003 03:57)

Lynds*****   (Friday, 23 May 2003 04:02)

god damn people, if u dont like blink thats good for u, y the hell do u spend ur time dissin them, get a hobby for fuck sake and bring some enjoyment into ur sad life, blink r punk no matter wot a few assholes say.

>>By chris   (Friday, 23 May 2003 19:33)

i like blink. but i came 2 say how good a bassist matt freeman. go 2 epitaph.com and download maxwell murder. then listen 2 it u'll see matt freeman is better then mark hoppus.

>>By Kid   (Saturday, 24 May 2003 16:08)

mainstream punk is the new thing since bands like these started it. I think it blows really. Their older stuff was good and they hit the mainstream with 'all the small things'. That was a good song but now they bore me totaly. Comon guys pull outa the mainstream and make some real music again! Metallica realised their mistake and their going back to proper stuff again (supposably).   (Saturday, 24 May 2003 17:03)

I've got three things to say.

1. Shut the fuck up and stop bickering like a bunch of 13 year old girls argueing about which boy band is better. Good music is very subjective based on someone's individual tastes. Blink 182 are successful musicians, and you've got to respect them for that, no matter if you like them or not. If you don't like them, then don't listen to them, 'nuff said.

2. To all those people who think Blink 182 is incredibly talented, please get your heads out of your asses because they're very far from being talented. Yes, "punk" songs are just a few power chords and there are many skilled punk guitarists, but I haven't heard shit to make me change my mind about Blink. If you care to prove me wrong, give me an mp3 or video of Tom shredding and I'll change my mind, but not until then. If you want to listen to talented musicians, listen to some Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Led Zeppelin, Metallica (old)...etc.

3. Can anyone in this forum actually use words and not substitute them with numbers?

>>By Mark   (Wednesday, 28 May 2003 03:35)

mark's right...You have to respect them for being sucsesfull, u have to for any band for that matter, well, that is if they deserve it, unlike the backstreet boys and stuff because they dont right their own songs, they dont deserve credit. And as for punk...WHO THE HELL SHOULD FUCKING CARE? not me anyway, every one has a differant image of what punk is; some think it's people who are peirced, wear black and have spikes, some think its people who dont give a fuck about anything, some think its a way that ti's a way to sing, and some dont even have a clue...there for u cant really catigorize any one as punk because every one thinks it means somthing else...My idea of punk is an attitude, not nessesarilly not givving a fuck, buts its an attitude all its own. Blink has the "punk" attitude, enough said, IF U DONT LIKE THEM DONT LISTEN TO EM'. Blink is fucking gnarley no matter what catitgory they fall into!

>>By lynds   (Wednesday, 28 May 2003 05:37)

You dont have to wear fucking spikes and dress black to prove your punk that is right, but some stupid people have the nerve to think that punk is all about fashion. well its not. i dress preppy. i mean i dont wear abercrombie or anything like that but i dress in sorta tight stuff i guess casual everyday girl clothes, but i listen to punk rock. looking at me most of the people from my school think i like rap or pop. no. i listen to Pennywise, Rancid, Green Day, Sublime, CKY, old school Blink 182 and the Offspring, and some underground Emo bands. I hate rap. i hate pop. but i love punk music and i listen to it all the time.

>>By Nicole   (Wednesday, 28 May 2003 22:37)

wat da fasheezy mah neezy?!? u peepz still think dat blink iz a punky? no-ey wo-ey! AVRIL IS PUNK! punq! /\ \/ I) I L I) O X /\/\ /\ H SOCKZ!!!
Avril 4 punk prezzie wezzie!

>>By Sk8ter gurl   (Wednesday, 28 May 2003 22:41)

skater girl, you still come here? Im not even going to bother arguing with you in here. Blink 182 is punk I don't care what anyone says. and Im not one of those girls that go around all day saying "Oh, Tom's Hot, and so is Mark and Travis". of course they are, but I don't go around being alittle teenybobber about it. Yes, they are a talented band. You try picking up a guitar and learning it on your own. Not so easy is it? I think they did a pretty damn good job from the start and getting to where they are now. what is it been since they started, bout 10 years maybe? They even improved on their guitar skills, so they're talented. and They write their own songs and they don't do a bad job at that either. yeah, theres really more than one meaning of punk. Every one thinks differently on what punk is. in my way of thinking, I think its a state of mind. Blink has it all. They just like to have fun and they just don't give a fuck what everyone thinks of them. Blink is rad, and I don't give a fuck what any of you assholes have to say bad about them. If you don't like them, fuck off and go your own way.

>>By punk girl 182   (Wednesday, 28 May 2003 23:13)

Uh, punk girl, I hate to burst your bubble but I do play guitar. In fact, I taught myself how to play, which is why I respect them as musicians. I used to go around and say this band sucks, that band sucks, blah blah but I don't do that anymore. I respect them because they make music and are successful, not because I think they're talented. I think we all know by now that talent and success do not go hand-in-hand in the music industry. There's been a lot of crap released recently that I wouldn't listen to even if I was paid to do so.

>>By Mark   (Thursday, 29 May 2003 03:45)

Mark, I do agree with you though. respecting them as musicians and all. But I like Blink, so i guess thats just my opinion. It least you didn't come here to bash on them and the people that like them.

>>By punk girl 182   (Thursday, 29 May 2003 04:48)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
The discussion board is currently closed.